Saturday, December 3, 2011

New Print! - Faithful Friends




Happy new month, everyone!

I hope you are having an amazing start. I had just rated mine "Overall Fantastic". At least I've been feeling like Superman for the last five days. (Feeling like Superman. What is she talking about?). Well, maybe not Superman. Who am I supposed to feel like when I got everything on my list done for the whole week? Probably your mom? Alright then, correction: I've been feeling like your mom for the last five days.

Here is the visual walkthough for you. (Caution: Dramatic elements kicked up ten notches for no particular reason. I cannot be held responsible for any injuries caused by your falling from this Tall Tower of Drama):
There I was. Walking out of the bank and the post office, respectively, with a smile a la brand new toothpaste commercial.
"I took care of everything. First day of the month. Lots to do. All done in speed!"
Superhuman feeling filled the air.
Now feel free to picture the mandatory happy dance that followed at home.
A happy head, bobbing and turning to music. The music alone is good, but once again everything as a whole must have been looking like a horrid TV commercial. Maybe this time it was for headphones. Or a severe headache medicine. (Don't you think the actors always manage to look intense, convincing, and ridiculous all at the same time?) 

 ~ The happy head bobbing was still in progress ~
~ Very much in sync with the beat of the music ~
Sure enough, it quickly went out of sync with everything in the universe because iTunes decided it was time to change song and ruin my rhythm.
Current choreography, along with focus and megawatt smile, went out the window with a bang!
It's downhill from there.
My on-vacation eagle eyes instantly came back from their vacation trip to help me spot something across the room.
There's an UFO!
(UFO = Unidentified Fascinating Object)
Ahh, relax! Must be just the greeting cards I'm mailing out next week. At this point, obviously my happy dance was too high-quality to be interrupted by some silly cards!
But they really looked like a pile of serious mails.....
For a start, greeting card envelopes don't have bank logos all over them.
Oh No!
NO...NO...NO
Stop the dancing.
Stop the music too!
Actually, everything please freeze!

A. pile. of. fresh. shiny...*Denial Pause*...unopened mails???
Nah, that's impossible! *Denial Pause - The Sequel*
I was all Superman and didn't miss a thing yesterday, remember?

Again, please stop the head bobbing. Of course everything looks like mails when you bob your head like that.

Everything did stop this time. Including my heartbeat for that second!
The thing still looked like a pile of serious mails.

Long story short, those *are* new and important mails that I failed to sort yesterday. Some of them are very important so here I am, trying to go through them and regain my Superman title. Also posting this art update for you while I'm here. (New print, everyone! As always, simply click on the image above to go to its Etsy listing.)
 
Whether you want to feel like a superhero or not today, it might be a good idea to check your to-do list for Monday now. I know it's the weekend so feel free to put it off until tomorrow. All I'm saying is you can avoid a similar not-so-Superman situation by simply making sure that you are *completely* ready to go! :) Maybe I can use that new phrase to replace that depressing word "disappointment" from now on. May all of you be free of any "found-out-you're-not-so-Superman" moments forever! 

Peace, love, pretty colours,
Rafika